Monday, December 6, 2010

Principio- The Beginning

Hello everyone!
I'm Katie, a junior at Unity Christian High School. I thought of the idea of a blog because I found that I enjoy writing. I've been writing in a notebook every night which is to be given to my boyfriend, Josh, for Christmas. And yes, he does know about it, so this should not be a surprise. I named this blog "Simply Smiling" because that is my goal if life: to smile. To find joy in everything I go through. In 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, it says, "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." Well hey, it says right there that we need to be joyful, because -get this- it's God's will for us! Why wouldn't we want to do that!? I think just knowing that we are doing what God wants for us should make us joyful enough... shouldn't it? Yes, I know that it's hard. And there are times when the best thing to do is just sit down and let those tears flow, but later, looking back on the situation, it's easy to see where God poked and prodded us to realize the benefit of the situation. Well, this is my first blog post, how fun!
K

2 comments:

  1. And I am joyful that I get to be your first to comment!! I'm excited to read your thoughts Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Didn't know I had so many "writer" friends! Love you Ms. Katie!

    ReplyDelete