Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mortem Coactus- The Death Of Stress.

Stress. It pretty much describes the life of a 16 (almost 17!) year old junior. What with school, MME's, ACT's, college visits, friends, boyfriends, exercise, and just maintaining a sane mind- free time is hard to come by. We're counting the days til Spring Break, when we can feel freedom, even if it is for a short time. Then, time flies. Prom. A.P. tests. Exams. and finally, summer. But does it get easier then? Negative commander; here come the stress of summer jobs, preparing for our senior year, more college visits, and ACT or 2.. and BAM summer's gone and its back into the swing of things. Why yes, I did just tell you my basic plan for the next 5 months. Some might agree with me, but others may say: geez Katie, slow down!  Focus on one thing at a time and let God handle the rest. I know, I know. I'm trying. I struggle with letting these things go. Take this week for example: 2 tests Monday; ACT Tuesday, along with worrying about a friend; MME Wednesday and Thursday; and 2 tests Friday. And I have an irritating cold which makes me feel worse. I'm beginning to despise bubbles. Hundreds of bubbles, just wanting to be filled in by my #2, mechanical, soft tip, pencil. (not ink either mind you). They haunt my dreams. I absolutely cannot wait for the weekend. It's just one of those weeks where you can't see the end until it hits you square in the head. My encouragement for this week would be Matthew 6:25-34, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." It's long, I know. But, how awesome! That verse(s) was read during youth group on Sunday night, and I thought, 'how fitting!' It was definitely what this girl needed to hear. It has been my prayer this week, and boy, is God good. This was what I needed, that slap to the face that said, 'hey Katie, chin up chica, you'll get through this stuff fine!' So my reminder to others today is to take it slow, laugh in the face of stress, and not to worry because it's all in God's hands.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are blogging Ms. KT! One more thought for you...we have been studying the 10 commandments with the middle school group and last night we hit on Sabbath. How are you carving out Sabbath in your life? I ask that same question of myself, so you're not alone. I find it so interesting that if we were to steal something, we would feel a bit guilty, or if we were to commit adultery, we would feel guilty. But when it comes to #4 on the Top 10 list, we don't usually have a bit of guilt for breaking that commandment week after week. God is asking us to trust Him with 7 days of work based on our 6 days of production. You gotta love serving a God that says Thou Shalt Take A Day Off!! Just some food for thought...

    Rest up my friend and trust that God will mark out your path for you!

    ReplyDelete